Sunday, October 10, 2010

Isn't it agaisnt General Election Rules to send campaign emails to non-subscribers

Correct OtnosmohT if I am wrong here (though OtnosmohT never is), but I thought sending unsolicited Campaign Messages/Invitations via email was against Toronto General Election Rules.

But don't take OtnosmohT's words for it. I received an email forward from a fan (my first hatemail - woohoo!). I've pasted it below. For discretion reasons, I've "ex'd" out the name of the recipient. That's the only modification to the message below:

To: ---------DELETED-----------------------
Subject: [Toronto] Women's Event
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 11:36:26 -0400
From: WP@womensportal.ca

OCTOBER 6TH, 2010
Engaging Women

As part of the mayoralty race in Toronto, Sarah Thomson, along with front-runner candidate George Smitherman, will be attending a Women's Event to engage women further in Toronto's municipal government. Women have strong voices and opinions, and it's time that they are shared with the city.
When: Wednesday October 6th, 4pm-6pm
Where: St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts [MAP]
Cost: FREE
RSVP: send to women@georgesmitherman.ca

Hosted by: 
Isabel Bassett
Hon. Margaret Norrie McCain
Carolyn Acker
Libby Burnham
Dr. Lorna Marsden
Carolynn Bennett
Julie DiLorenzo
Councillor Pam McConnell

--


If you ask me, it looks like a George Smitherman Campaign Invitation. I wonder who would get in to more trouble; Sarah Thomson or George Smitherman?

OtnosmohT

No comments:

Post a Comment